The HUES Foundation is an educational non profit organization that is committed to creative expression and innovation among artists, writers, musicians, and poets of color.
HUES will officially launch in 2020 but is currently seeking applicants for the following fellowships:
- HUES 2020 Poetry Fellow
- HUES 2020 Creative Nonfiction Fellow
HUES 2020 Fellows will receive a monetary stipend that can be used for their educational or professional pursuits. HUES Fellows will also participate in online workshops, optional video chats, and optional one on one/group phone calls to advance in their craft. By the end of the 8 week long fellowship, HUES Fellows will produce a chapbook that will be published by The Hellebore Press. HUES Fellows will have involvement with each stage of publishing and will also have the option to contribute to The Hellebore Magazine as a Guest Editor.
To apply send the following to email@example.com:
- A Cover Letter that provides your name, address, background/cultural information, writing/artistic influences and style, as well as any information that you’d like HUES Foundation to know about you
- A CV that describes relevant professional and academic experience and selected publications
- 3-5 Writing Samples (unpublished or published) as well as annotations that explain and describe the significance of each work
- 1-2 Letters of Recommendation
- A Brief Summary about the manuscript you are working on/plan to work on if you are selected as a HUES Fellow
Please address the email and letter to Denise Nichole Founder of HUES Foundation and Editor in Chief of The Hellebore Press.
Note: The deadline to apply is November 1, 2019 11:59 PM.
Disabled, Immigrant, Indigenous, International, Women, Nonbinary, and LGBTQ+ Poets and Writers of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns contact Denise Nichole at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the meantime follow the HUES Foundation on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. Also be sure to join The Hues Workshop on Facebook. All are welcome to join the Facebook Group!